Our Visual Efficiency Clinic is designed to provide the opportunity for people to improve their academic or work success, sports performance and increase vision as it relates to confidence. To obtain the best results, a commitment of time, patience and consistent follow-through is important for the success of this program.
Vision Therapy is similar to Physical Therapy for your eyes. Dr. Ross will develop an individualized, targeted Vision Therapy Plan and will either order an In-Office Program or set you or your child up with an at Home Program. Based off of the diagnosis, a combination of techniques will be prescribed, utilizing a variety of specialized and/or medical equipment, such as:
● Corrective lenses
● Therapeutic lenses
● Prism lenses
● Optical filters
● Occluders or eye patches
● Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
● Computer Software
● Balance boards or vestibular devices
● Visual-motor-sensory integration training devices
The first step in any Vision Therapy program is a comprehensive vision examination. Once completed, we will then order an Visual Efficiency Evaluation which looks at how effectively and efficiently you are using your eyes as a team, and processing your visual information. Following these thorough evaluations, we can advise you as to whether Vision Therapy would be appropriate treatment.
Our Visual Efficiency Clinic offers a treatment plan requiring a number of office visits and ‘homework’ that typically ranges for several weeks. Effective therapy requires visual skills to be developed until they are integrated with other systems and become automatic, enabling individuals to achieve their full potential.
Visual Efficiency Evaluations are a clinic hour (50 minutes long). In Office Therapy appointments will consist of 40 minutes of In-Office therapy and 10 minutes of Home Therapy instruction.
To further assist with the Home Vision therapy, we have teamed with Eye Carrot to offer the Binovi Platform -- a fully integrated vision therapy program from the comfort of your own tablet/computer. With Binovi, Dr. Ross is able to design an individualized treatment plan, provide equipment and instructional videos, as well as track his patient's progress through the application. We are very excited to be able to offer such great instructional and highly effective technology for our patients!
Fees and Insurance
Unfortunately, Vision Therapy services are not often covered by insurance. We do make an effort to coordinate benefits for items that are typically covered, along with non-coverable services. Therefore, we have divided Vision Therapy services into 2 components: Medical (billed to insurance) and Therapeutic (not billed to insurance).
● We are happy to bill the insurance for you on your behalf for the medical portion. In some instances, medical insurance will not cover these specialized visits. As such, we cannot guarantee your insurance will cover any charge. All services not submitted to insurance are paid for at time of service. The therapeutic portion is paid out of pocket at the time of service.
● Vision Efficiency Evaluation appointments are $160.00 per session ($80 medical and $80 Therapeutic).
● In Office Vision Therapy appointments are $125.00 per session ($50 medical and $75 Therapeutic). It does not include any charges that may be incurred due to rental, loss or breakage of vision therapy equipment. At Home Therapy consists of an up-front fee for the program design, all equipment and access to the application, and 3-4 progress evaluations with Dr. Ross. Price varies from individual to individual but the at home cost is generally about 50% of the in-office price, due to more expectations being placed on the patient for their own success.
● We are happy to utilize a credit card number on file for your convenience.
● Cash, Check, Credit (Visa, Discover, MasterCard), or Care Credit, we also accept HSA and Flex Ben Accounts.
Arrival Times and Follow Up Visits
Vision Therapy Sessions are typically booked in 8-16 week blocks. As such, it is important that you remain in contact with us at all times regarding potential cancellations or late arrivals. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, we will do our best to accommodate however, we will likely need to offer another appointment time. If you are unable to attend the visits as scheduled, we will gladly work with you to coordinate a better time. However, if you fail to show up for your scheduled appointments, without notification, we reserve the right to withdraw you or your child from the program.