Not all patients are able to comfortably wear standard, soft contact lenses. Whether it be from contact lens intolerance, disease, trauma, surgery, or simply high prescriptions, many patients are in need of custom designed contact lenses in order to assure the best vision and the highest comfort.
For all of the above, North Shore Eye Health and Wellness is your way to comfortable and high performance contact lens wear. Using the latest technology in contact lens fitting, our experts will find a solution that is right for you!
Common Problems that can be solved with a custom lens solution:
- Dry Eye and Ocular Surface Disease
- Myopia Control
- High Prescriptions (high near sighted, far sighted, and corneal astigmatism)
- Corneal Trauma -- abrasions, scratches, recurrent corneal erosions
- Corneal Ectasia (warpage) from conditions such as Keratoconus, Pellucid Marginal Degeneration, and Terrien's Marginal Degeneration
- Post Surgical Corneas -- following refractive surgery, corneal transplants
- People who are unhappy with their vision and comfort in standard contact lenses
At North Shore Eye Health and Wellness, we utilize the following methods to correct these common problems:
- Custom designed soft contact lenses
- Bandage Contact Lenses and Amniotic Membrane Biological Bandages
- Gas Permeable Lens Designs
- Scleral Contact Lens Designs
- Hybrid Lens Designs
To find out more, click on the links below or call North Shore Eye Health and Wellness to schedule a consultation!
Myopia Correction and Control -- Sleep your way to great vision!